Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,429   Online: 946

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Warmtone developers for chlorobromide papers to be gold toned.

After some lack of success with Fotospeed PD-5 as the developer precursor to gold toning Fomatone MG and Adox Premium Variotone, I will probably make further attempts with ID-78.

Any comment on other potentially suitable warmtone developers and the characteristics that result in blue tones when gold toned?

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Tom, I tried Gold Toning Ilford WTFB but didn't like the Blue highlights & Olive Brown shaddows

Its just a personal thing - although I have seen some lovely WTFB split toned in Selenium and Gold from Stoo Batchelor & Les McLean

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've developed a sheet of Fomatone MG and a sheet of Adox Premium Varitone in 1+3 dilution ID-78; trying a 1+7 dilution may be a sensible next step.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To report back, both Fomatone MG and Adox Premium Variotone papers responded well to Tetenal gold toner; the Fomatone MG paper giving a "bluer" result. As noted earlier the developer was ID-78 standard concentration, diluted 1+7.

Tom.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin