Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,098   Online: 995

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My mistake, i have used the European cl centiliter and confused that with cc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jan, The problem is 1 cc = 1ml, not 10ml

http://www.mathleague.com/help/metric/metric.htm

middle of the page under volume... "From these units, we see that 1000 milliliters equal 1 liter; so 1 milliliter equals 1 cubic centimeter in volume."

Best,
    John Bowen

Hopefully Mike will be able to give us details.

Ed

A friend alerted me to this thread.

I think Sean Dougherty has it right. We upped the KBr from 2cc for one liter to 3 cc for one liter.

For 3 liters I upped the KBr from 8 cc to 12 cc.

Seems to give better print color with a little more KBr.

If we are going to print all day for 8x10 we mix 1.5 liters. KBr, if I am recalling correctly (on the road and not in the darkroom right now) went from 3.65 to 5.5 or 6 cc.

If we are only going to print for a short time (rare) we will mix only one liter of developer.

Amidol is so easy and quick to mix, (it mixes at room temperature) why would anyone want to mix a stock solution? The sodium sulfite should be fresh and that means mix before use or relatively shortly before.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Large Format
    JLP, check your conversion factor. According to my conversion data 1 ml = 1 cc, and that's in line with what John is saying.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree, i was using cl instead of cc a factor of 1:10

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm very intrigued by Moersch's Amidol Plus My printing sessions are usually short ( eg, an hour before work or late evening); so mixing Amidol even for Lodima is not cost effective. I usually use PF130; but, if Moersch has succeeded in creating a stable working solution, then a switch to Amidol is justified. Its currently not on Freestyle site but is available at RetroPhotographic. Any body with experience on this product?
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus R÷hling View Post
    Apparently Wolfgang Moersch has developed an Amidol where the stock solutions will at least keep one year and the working solution for several weeks in full stoppered bottles. See http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/co...itiv/8/lang:en

So far I haven't tried this developer nor do I know how it will work with Lodima. But I would be interested to know since I would like to use Wolfgang Moersch's Amidol in case I will order Lodima.

Markus
    Markus;

Thanks for the information. I will have to look into it.

PE

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith View Post
    A friend alerted me to this thread.

I think Sean Dougherty has it right. We upped the KBr from 2cc for one liter to 3 cc for one liter.

For 3 liters I upped the KBr from 8 cc to 12 cc.

Seems to give better print color with a little more KBr.

If we are going to print all day for 8x10 we mix 1.5 liters. KBr, if I am recalling correctly (on the road and not in the darkroom right now) went from 3.65 to 5.5 or 6 cc.

If we are only going to print for a short time (rare) we will mix only one liter of developer.

Amidol is so easy and quick to mix, (it mixes at room temperature) why would anyone want to mix a stock solution? The sodium sulfite should be fresh and that means mix before use or relatively shortly before.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Michael A. Smith
    Thanks Mike! However, 3 cc KBR for one lilter would be 9 cc for 3 liters, and not 12 cc IF THE AMOUNTS ARE PROPORTIONAL. Thus, the amounts must NOT be proportional....a very important fact to note for all of us, and I believe mentioned on your web site. So...what is the amount for 2 liters of developer? How does one extrapolate? I guess one might have to do some experimenting based upon the color one desires!

Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is the amidol that Photographer's Formulary sells okay for use with Lodima? I ask because the description on their web site says that it's best used with bromide papers...
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin