Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,189   Online: 754

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fomapan + Rodinal

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart...nal&mdc=Search

Pardon the ignorance but there are not many 120 developing times. I am guessing 1+50 ISO 100 would be a bit longer then 7 mins?

I would really like something more like 1+75

Thanks in advance!
    ~M

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Foma 100 is one of the few films I've used that I think looks good in Rodinal. I've used 35 mm, 120, and 4x5 stocks of this film, using the same time, temperature, and agitation scheme for all of them. It all works out to be pretty darned close. Foma gives development times for R09, which is very similar if not identical to Rodinal, and their recommendation doesn't jive with what's listed on the MDC. In the absence of any other data, I'd say go with the MDC. Since we do have the manufacturer's recommendation (here) I'd recommend starting there and making adjustments as necessary. Foma does not differentiate among the different formats.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the insite Frank. I will develop tonight at 1+50 @ 7 mins to see what I get.

~m

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fomapan 100 in Rodinal 1+50 for 7:30 Minutes is very close to optimum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...and if you'd prefer 1+75, what's stopping you? Shoot a few test films, figure out what you need, and go for it.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Fomapan 100 in Rodinal 1+50 for 7:30 Minutes is very close to optimum.
    I second this. In fact, for me, Rodinal 1:50 for 7 minutes was enough. This was with the 120 film.

-Laura

Shooter
    35mm
    Do y'all get full speed, 100, from Rodinal? I find that Foma 200 works well at 100 in Xtol 1:3. I plan to use Rodinal as well. Just curious if your shadows are well exposed at box speed in Rodinal at 1:50.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any thoughts about foma 100 with Rodinal in a rotary processor at 75 degrees?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Do y'all get full speed, 100, from Rodinal? I find that Foma 200 works well at 100 in Xtol 1:3. I plan to use Rodinal as well. Just curious if your shadows are well exposed at box speed in Rodinal at 1:50.
    It depends, but usually it's pretty close. EI 80 is a safe bet if you have doubts. Even though I think the film looks good in Rodinal, I still prefer to use D-76 or XTOL. Shadow detail is, to my eye, a little better.

You mention Foma 200 in XTOL 1+3. I like that film in XTOL 1+1, but only if I run it for about 6 minutes at 75F. What do you time it at when using XTOL 1+3?
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    It depends, but usually it's pretty close. EI 80 is a safe bet if you have doubts. Even though I think the film looks good in Rodinal, I still prefer to use D-76 or XTOL. Shadow detail is, to my eye, a little better.

You mention Foma 200 in XTOL 1+3. I like that film in XTOL 1+1, but only if I run it for about 6 minutes at 75F. What do you time it at when using XTOL 1+3?
    To date I have had good luck with HP5+ @ 250, Foma 200 @ 100 and Delta 100 @ 100 in a Jobo tank, continuous agitation for 10 minutes at 68F.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin