Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,809   Online: 822

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems that proof sheet continuity is more important than a good filing system.

Wait untill you have over 30 thousand negatives. Then you may find that the Print File System approach to filing and proofing isn't such a good way after all.

Set up a good database.
    Catalog by topic.
    File by topic.
    One negative and it's proof per envelope.
    Individual envelopes from Archival Methods...
    http://www.archivalmethods.com/Produ...6&Productid=84
    Use a card file type cabinet.
    File by topic. (I already said that)
    The sooner you start, the less formidable the project.

After 35 years, I can go to any negative in a few seconds regardless of negative size or when it was shot.

More details? P.M. me

Have fun...

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhold View Post
    It seems that proof sheet continuity is more important than a good filing system.

Wait untill you have over 30 thousand negatives. Then you may find that the Print File System approach to filing and proofing isn't such a good way after all.

Set up a good database.
    Catalog by topic.
    File by topic.
    One negative and it's proof per envelope.
    Individual envelopes from Archival Methods...
    http://www.archivalmethods.com/Produ...6&Productid=84
    Use a card file type cabinet.
    File by topic. (I already said that)
    The sooner you start, the less formidable the project.

After 35 years, I can go to any negative in a few seconds regardless of negative size or when it was shot.

More details? P.M. me

Have fun...

Reinhold

www.classicBWphoto.com
    aye aye
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always used the 6x7 storage sheets and cut the roll into 2 frames, 3 frames, 3 frames and 2. I've just started to print contact proofs and have bought 9.5x12" paper, this fits the roll onto the sheet really neatly without the waste you would get from bigger sheets of paper.
    Rhys

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Like was posted above, I used the standard 120 print file and put 9 negatives in it for proofing, 3 rows of 3 negatives each. For the 10th, I put it in a printfile with 9 individual spaces on the sheet. Every 9 rolls, I fill up the extra sheet. All print on 8x10 paper. So, for 9 complete rolls, I have 10 proof sheets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin