Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,992   Posts: 1,524,231   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And some people think cellphones are a suitable replacement for dedicated cameras...

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Wow

Just bought a 2nd edition for 12.95 UK Pounds

Last time I checked about a year ago they were 150 to 200 UK Pounds

I read a Library copy and have wanted one for my own ever since

Thanks for the tip off

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    And some people think cellphones are a suitable replacement for dedicated cameras...

Tom.
    They are, if the dedicated camera is a disposable...

The again, aren't cell phones disposable?
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Hi,

if i for example use a 1+9 paper developer, develop a print and do the same for a 1+4. (kentmere vc select, 90 seconds at 20 degr celc.)

I notice that the 1+4 has more deep blacks than the 1+9.
    Has anyone got the same results?
    extending the time of the 1+9 to for example 6 minutes will result in the highlights start to develop off white.

Until last week i always used the 1+9, but now i start to question myself if the 1+4 for give me a improved quality image.
    What you experience is typical. As you continue to dilute some developers the the print tone will change to "warmer", which will reduce D-Max; the developer will lose capacity after fewer prints; more time is needed to reach full development, or more exposure to deepen shadows.

One night I kept diluting a developer further to see what extreme I could find and the result was a very red/brown print with low contrast/shadow density. It was fully developed.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by panastasia View Post
    One night I kept diluting a developer further to see what extreme I could find and the result was a very red/brown print with low contrast/shadow density. It was fully developed.
    What we saw was that the white highlights were getting off white after 10 minutes (in dark area developed). Just like leaving on your safelight for an hour with a print in the developer.

But I have to wait for the book now...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin