Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,777   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have just re-read the excellent article by Sandy King on Pyro developers in [color=blue][/color]www.unblinkingeye.com. I have just one question about the developing time graphs for silver gelatin prints. Sandy stated that the test films for producing these charts were rotary processed using BTZS tubes. Whilst I have no idea how these tubes work I understand that rotary processing usually means shorter development times. As I intend to develop both roll and sheet films in daylight tanks do I have to increase the indicated times to take account of this method?

Thank you

Adrian

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Times for continuous agitation are normally 15-20% shorter than times for intermittent agitation. So adding this figure should put you in the ball park.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found with HP5 and FP4 that normal times give me an excellent negative in my JOBO cpe2. TMAX/Delta 100 seem to need the slightly less time of about 10% to give me the best negatives. YMMV.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin