Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,550   Online: 1067

Thread: 127 film specs?

Shooter
    Medium Format

127 film specs?

So my girlie and I are thinking of spooling up some 35mm bulk film I have laying around onto 127 spools, but we don't have any backing paper. Does anyone know what the specs for that are?

i.e., how big the paper is, what the distance is from film start to paper start, where the start markings are, where the numbers are etc.

Alternatively, does anyone have any spare 127 backing paper they'd care to send our way?

I do know that 127 is still for sale from Impex, but it's expensive, and I have 4 spools of expired Ilford HP5+ taking up space in the fridge, and it's partly for the tinker value anyway...

thx in advance for any pointers!

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps have a search around on:-

http://www.onetwoseven.org.uk/

There also looks to be a quite active forum on that site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The paper is 108cm long (but you can put more or less leader if you wish).
    I'll start with the double-arrow registration marks that you line up before closing the camera back:

These are minimums so you don't get overlapping frames.
    Double Arrow 0 cm
    film start 14cm
    "1" 18.5cm
    "2" 23cm
    "3" 28cm
    "4" 33cm
    "5" 37.5cm
    etc
    "12" 70.5cm
    end mark 77.5cm

Since you are doing it yourself, you can go every 5cm if you wish, to give yourself a safety margin between frames.
    Of course, you can go longer if you don't use backing paper. Just cover the window with electrical tape & load/unload in darkroom.
    Last edited by David William White; 04-29-2009 at 08:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kavandje View Post
    I do know that 127 is still for sale from Impex, but it's expensive, ...
    You may have a look at www.macodirekt.de . They are much cheaper with fresh Efke R100 in 127.
    They also have still some color film in 127 (expired).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin