Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,548   Online: 825

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TF-3/TF-4

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is OF 1 used undiluted or diluted? If so what dilution?
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have this theory of mine that sulfite (or metabissulfite, or both together) have a lot to do with clearing up the pink base tone.

My experience with fixers are a close parallel to Jan's.

Jorge O

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First of all - most developers are staining to some degree. Large sulfite concentrations tend to diminish the strain, as do acid baths. Hydrochinon is very similar to pyrocatechin chemically speaking, and also gives a good stain under the right circumstances.

The pink dye of some films washes out faster in alkaline solution, I don't think it has anything to do with alkalinity.

I use my fixer (OF-1) undiluted, but have tried it diluted 1:1 just to get more volume. Works just as well, but a bit slower.

The bicarbonate can be replaced with metaborate. I used bicarbonate since I wanted as much as possible to be available off the supermarket shelves. The pH will be similar; about 8.5 which is what I wanted: alkaline enough to get the benefits of that, while being low enough to stop most developers.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin