Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 636

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Well, yesterday I made my first prints and now a question I think I know the answer to. I made fifteen prints in the span of four hours. The last 2-3 prints have progressively worse black fuzzy spots down in the lower right corner and some darkness along the edge, both in the print and along thw white border. As this did not show up in the earlier prints is it more likely this indicates chemical exhaustion (Arista paper developer) or a light leak? I honestly don't see where light would have come from. Just wondering for next time.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Show us!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Let me upload it tonight at home. I'll repost then.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Based on the description, I'd guess a light leak. I've never heard of chemical exhaustion causing black spots; the more common result is low-contrast, light, or mottled prints.

Are you storing your paper in the box and bag, in a paper safe, or in some other way? Is your paper stored emulsion side up or down? Do you turn the lights on in the darkroom during your session (to evaluate prints or switch negatives), or do you stay in safelight-only mode the whole time?

I've seen this sort of thing myself, but only when the paper has been stored for a long period (weeks or months) emulsion side up in a paper safe, or once with paper stored in a box and bag in my freezer (I'm guessing there was a pinhole in the bag).

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I was going to guess that the paper was light-struck, also. I thought of waiting to see the pics first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Never mind. It was on the last two prints and after focusing I newbied and left the enlarger on when - opened the bag. But that emptied the paper so no further worries.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 05-01-2009 at 12:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin