Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,449   Online: 765

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Formulary T-FX2 developer

Has anyone out there used this? I have a chance to pick some up for free and am wondering if it is worth the trip. Can't find any other info about it by searching this forum.
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Free? Always worth a trip...

I've used it a bit, and it's interesting stuff. I usually use it at the instruction recommended dilution, cut the agitation to once every 5 minutes and stretch the time out to compensate. I have not put the negs on a densitometer, but I'd say the claim that it increases film speed is accurate to some degree. The resulting negatives are very, very sharp, and edge effects are greatly enhanced. Depending on the scene and lighting, it can drag every bit of detail out of a negative.

The downside? It can produce negatives that make prints look a little harsh and gritty. With some films, notably Ilford PanF Plus, it can produce exaggerated edge effects that, to my eye, are too much. If I was to use that combination again, I would opt for a more normal on-the-minute or half-minute agitation scheme to cut back on the edge effects.

I've had the most success with TFX-2 and Agfa APX-100 and Fuji Acros. I'll be experimenting more with it in the future as I now have access to a good darkroom. You might search this forum for posts on this developer by D.F. Cardwell. It is a developer well worth trying.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin