Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,964   Online: 762

Thread: Ilford ID-3

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford ID-3

Has anyone used this developer as a 2 bath? Is it possible and would it have any benefit? I'm keen to give it a go and wondered about others experiences ...? particularly around dilutions, times and speed.

ID-3 Developer

A soft working developer for films and plates giving maximum emulsion speed.
    Stock Solution A:
    Metol - 12 g
    Sodium Sulphite, cryst.- 100g (halve if using Sodium Sulphite anhyd.)
    Water, up to 1000cc

Stock Solution B:
    Sodium Carbonate, cryst. 200g (if anhyd. multiply by 3/8, if monohydrate, multiply by 4/9)
    Potasium Bromide 2g
    water, up to 1000cc

use at 1 part A: 1 part B to 6 parts water. Can be made as a single solution but keeps longer divided.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Leon,

I've not used in a two bath system, but have as a single bath developer where it does work effectively to reduce contrast.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use it as a soft working print developer, it's the equivalent of Adaptol/Slectol Soft.

As a 2 bath the time in Part A would be long enough to saturate the film asy 3 minutes, and a starting time of 3 minutes in Part B, you might need to use both parts diluted 1+1 for Part A and more for Part B 1+2 or 1+3. Have a look in the DCB for Divided D3, D76 and Stoeckler developers.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for the responses chaps. I wondered if it had anything to offer over and above the other divided developers - I guess the only way to try is to suck it and see. (not literally of course).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin