Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,108   Posts: 1,636,614   Online: 1355

Shooter
    Medium Format

FineArt Photo Supply

Has anyone ordered from FineArt Photo Supply and used their paper, Perfecta, Perfecta D/VersaPrint II print developer, Artfix/T Grain Fixer, and FA 1027 film developer?

Here's the link.

http://fineartphotosupply.com/

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    it is the photographer's formulary.
    i have bought chemicals from them
    and had no problems.

good luck!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, they are currently owned by the Photographers' Formulary, but was started by Anthony Guidice a few years back.
    I have tried many of their products, and the two I really liked were the FA-1027 film developer and VersaPrint II print developer. The film developer works much like Xtol, and the print developer works much like Ansco 130. They're not that special, but it's good product. Per print the print developer is very expensive. You'd probably be better off economy wise by using 130 or Ethol LPD, which are both inexpensive to use.

I don't think their paper is manufactured anymore, since a lot of it is out of stock. I used a couple of boxes of 8x10 and 5x7 and it's good paper, comparable to Ilford MGIV in tonal range but a bit warmer in tone.

Anthony Guidice is a very opinionated person, and according to him the products he brought forth are world class and second to none. All that is subjective, and there are products just as good out there. It's more important how you use them than what you use, and to me it's just a bunch of marketing exercises to sell the product. It's good stuff, don't get me wrong, but no better than the rest. That's my opinion.

The Photographers' Formulary is a first class operation that I try to support the best I can with my chemistry purchases. They make it easy for those (me included) that don't either want to, or have the ability or tools to mix chemistry ourselves. Their kits are great!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for your help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin