Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,452   Posts: 1,570,236   Online: 1110

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    I always though that undercoating came about due to the need of governments to use Sodium Chloride as a chemical snow remover in more Northern climates combined with the ability of cars in the 1970's to essentially rust out before your very eyes. IIRC Fords and early Hondas were the worst for this.
    Please do not forget my '86 Chevy Blazer, "Rusty", that I had in Rochester New York. Rochester has the best politicians that money can buy, because Monroe County has salt mines and the politicians are easily bought by the salt processing companies.

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 05-06-2009 at 12:05 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    This post is a good example of why darkroom chemicals should always be clearly labelled and stored away from food. Where I work, if I made a habit of storing chemicals near food, or leaving wrongly labelled containers lying around, my lab would get shut down.
    I have a Dymo label printer at home with which I clearly label all containers used for photography - and there is absolutely no crossover between photography containers and food ones, even if the only chemical they're intended for is H2O.

This has so far prevented a similar problem. It's not prevented a houseguest getting up in the middle of the night and drinking from a vase, though... Apparently I need to label a few more things...
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I have a Dymo label printer at home with which I clearly label all containers used for photography
    This has so far prevented a similar problem. It's not prevented a houseguest getting up in the middle of the night and drinking from a vase, though... Apparently I need to label a few more things...
    Do you have dogs? Maybe you could try labeling your toilet bowl....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    Do you have dogs? Maybe you could try labeling your toilet bowl....
    Isn't the question really - do you have dogs that can read the labels?

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Okay, so my experience isn't photography related but who cares. It was chemistry class in high school. We were told never to pipette anything by mouth but to use the rubber suction bulb instead. I didn't listen. Thought I could control that hydrosulfurous acid with my own suction. I was wrong and got a mouth full. Never swallowed it, but my teeth felt funny for a few days after. Needless to say, once I got to a university chemistry course I always, always, always used the suction bulb. Haha!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Please do not forget my '86 Chevy Blazer, "Rusty", that I had in Rochester New York. Rochester has the best politicians that money can buy, because Monroe County has salt mines and the politicians are easily brought by the salt processing companies.

Steve
    Brought or bought?
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    Brought or bought?
    "bought" good catch; corrected.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    Aha, but for real permanence you still need to stand there with a hosepipe in the mouth for ten minutes surely ?
    Forgot about the wash......but should it be in the mouth???

Bob H

PS How's our patient today?
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Isn't the question really - do you have dogs that can read the labels?

Matt
    Perhaps just label the dogs so the house guest doesn't try to drink from them?
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a minor point here, but AFAIK there are no salt mines in or near (25+ miles or so) of Rochester NY. There are large ones in Mt. Morris and in Retsof NY, but none here. We do use a lot of salt though, but that is to be expected with the amount of snowfall we have. Buffalo and Syracuse have the same problems.

PE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin