Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,522,978   Online: 1172

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Two Rollei Ortho Emulsions Available

Can anyone comment on the differences between Rollei Ortho 25 and Rollei ATO2.1 Advanced Technical Ortho Supergraphic?

The descriptions on the Freestyle Website make it sound like Advanced Technical Ortho Supergraphic is the film that is better suited to pictorial use ("controllable contrast", whatever that means), even though the name makes it sound like the opposite would hold true. However, the data sheet for the "plain" Ortho 25 shows curves for D-76, and some of them look plenty "pictorial capable" to me; similar to other ISO 25 and 50 films in that exposure latitude is narrow, but definitely workable (and quite beautiful once "nailed").

I am looking for something to use in my Brownie that may not be as affected by the rear frame counter window as a panchromatic film. I want a film that produces "normal" contrast and continuous tone.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-06-2009 at 06:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Have a look at the manufacturer's descriptions (not the best translations maybe, but they should do):

http://macodirect.de/rollei-sheet-fi...ml?language=en
    http://macodirect.de/rollei-ortho-sh...ml?language=en

The upshot is, paraphrased, that the ATO is capable of "almost pictorial results, but with steeper gradation" in low contrast developers for "dramatic-looking results", while the Ortho 25 can be souped to give normal, non-exaggerated contrast, preferably in a low-contrast developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed Ortho ATO2,1 has a very steep curve while the Rollei Ortho 25 is a regular ortho film.

For the last one I can recommend for regular pictographic use as developer:
    Ortho 25 E.I. 25 with Rollei Low Contrast (RLC) developer.
    Ortho 25 E.I. 32 with Diafine 3+3 minutes.

Two excellent (low contrast) developers for this film.

Best regards,

Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin