Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,846   Online: 955

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Yet another notch code ID needed

I traced this one with a pen and got two squares (minus one side, of course) and nothing else.

Kind of like this, if you put straight bottoms on the notches and flip it upside down:

__| |__| |__

I have thought about it, and perhaps it is the piece that I found in that one old holder I got when I purchased that fridge full of very old paper for $20. In that case, it could be VERY old (anywhere from the '40s to the '80s)...and probably b/w.

If this is the case, it is probably nothing but black. If no one can identify it, I will slice off a small corner just to see if it is b/w or color. If b/w, I will try just for the hell of it.

Here is what I have so far, from a 1961 photo lab index (now that I suspect that the film is old, I took a look)

- DuPont Cronar Arrowpan matches perfectly. ASA of 320 makes a 100% black piece of film about 100% likely.

- Gevaert ortho emulsions all had this code...but also had a hole in the corner for hanging, which I did not notice when tracing the notches.

- No Kodak notch matches.

Unfortunately, these are the only companies for which notches were pictured.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-06-2009 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin