Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,091   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I accidentally opened a bag with the enlarger left on last week and, though only on the edges, there were some density marks along the edges due to exposure to the light from the enlarger so I would count on at least some exposure on at least some of the paper. Hard to say how extensive. You might test one sheet and if you can tell what portions of the paper might be affected you could always print around those areas and hope that it doesn't change form sheet to sheet.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Dektol View Post
    So... probably not what? Your saying the paper is probably not ruined?
    Probably not fogged. I cannot guarantee your results, but I have not fogged paper that way.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    ...I test the bag for light-tightness and pinholes by putting it over my head and looking for leaks.
    Don't they have the notice "This Bag is Not a Toy!"?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The part I left out was, I constrict it at the neck to avoid any stray light from entering. Spin it around a little, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't Ilford now sell paper with only the bag as packaging? Or is there some insert that provides extra light-proofing? I like my boxes, so haven't gotten any of the box-less paper yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A local store in Denver was selling Kodak paper that way after Kodak got out of the paper biz. Seems that there weren't problems. I have had corner fogging myself, however, due to rips in the interior bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I accidentally opened a bag with the enlarger left on last week and, though only on the edges, there were some density marks along the edges due to exposure to the light from the enlarger so I would count on at least some exposure on at least some of the paper. Hard to say how extensive. You might test one sheet and if you can tell what portions of the paper might be affected you could always print around those areas and hope that it doesn't change form sheet to sheet.

Thanks for all the responses guys.
    Chris,
    The bag was not open. it was folded under the mass of paper yielding it "closed"
    I will NEVER stop developing...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just throwin all the ideas out there. Hope all goes well.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Images
    If the end was folded over I bet the bag protected your paper just fine.

In the old days a 100-foot can of film came in a can inside a box. Now there is no can, just a plastic bag, and film is much more light sensitive than paper.

Even so, I am not too crazy about depending on the integrity of a plastic bag.

Shooter
    35mm
    I store my working stash of 8x10 in the darkroom in the naked black bag. The only thing holding it closed is the flap folded over and the weight of the paper holding it shut. It sits on the shelf; I leave it out and exposed to white light like that. I haven't had any trouble at all doing this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin