Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,882   Posts: 1,629,699   Online: 772

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have shot a few rolls and have transported them through Xray machines all the way from Europe to Australia and back to Europe. Never had a fogging problem that was apparent to me. If you do your own developing, you could get through a roll in half a day with various subjects, develop the film and know how you feel, all within 24hrs. I know true IR diehards who criticise the film, because it doesn't match their expectations...though personally, I think it's flexibility is a stroke of genius. Kal
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    with the filter on the camera?
    (not in front of the meter) so that you are just metering normally,
    for normal light, at EI 6 ???

Then you use that data to shoot through the camera with the filter in place.

Sorry I am so dense- it has been a long week!

Metered hand held... off camera, so I guess that would be about the same. I find this exposure works for me... At least the negatives are easy to print.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've always gone by the instructions on the packet with regard to metering: 25asa with a IR filter or 200 asa without, though you have to be aware of how much natural IR radiation there might be in a particular situation - sunny days being the best. I think the film is brilliant as you get two completely different recording options on one film - how cool is that?! I usually dev it in fresh stock Tmax for 10mins with normal agitation.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin