Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,830   Online: 806

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    I Know the dicromate is known to cause cancer in california. I don't live in california so I'm not concerned
    Right on! That's why I'm glad I live in Texas.

The cheap ebay film is awesome. I would be so happy if I could find a big roll that cheap, but 16mm won't work without having more sprocket holes punched in it. Maybe I should get a 16mm camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bolex is kind of neat. It was made around 1960 and is a spring wound camera. Some of the newest (70's) can be easily retrofitted with electric motors. There are a lot of them on ebay but you have to be very careful to get the right one. Most of the ones on ebay are non reflex and you can't focus through the lens. They are a real pain to load film. Especially if you wind your own loads like I'm doing. It may be a daylight reel but hand wound ones let in too much light. I've been loading it in a dark bag. (not fun). FYI http://www.bolexcollector.com/

Oh one nice thing about a manual load reel camera like this is I can take out short
    strips and develop them to see where you are with exposure and process.
    A 5 foot strip fits nice in a regular reel tank.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin