Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,751   Online: 885

Shooter
    Multi Format

Reusing plastic storage containers

Hi, so I am going to try xtol and I just looked at the bag and realized 5L is much more than I normal make up of dektol. I have some old 1 gallon jugs that I used to store D-76, they have been empty for 1-2 years, if if rinse them out are they alright to store the xtol in? In general is it ok to reuse the plastic containers for different chemicals? I try to keep the same container for the same chemical but in this case at least both of them are developers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

If you're mixing that much chem and storing it, the x could draw the dek from the jugs.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

If you're mixing that much chem and storing it, the x could draw the dek from the jugs.
    I think that the larger the quantity, the less of the risk, as the volume to surface area ratio of the container will be quite small.

If you were making a litre at a time, that would be different
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

True. I see your point.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin