Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,045   Online: 757

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Berg Rapid RC Sepia Toning Solution

Has anyone used this on fiber paper? What kind of results did you get?

I used it the other night on a fiber print and again on an RC print. It did a good job on the RC print, nice even fairly subtle sepia tone, but the FB print never really came back from the bleach stage: it's literally a ghost of its former self, albeit a brownish one.

The effect is interesting actually on that particular print, but nothing like I wanted or expected and nothing like a properly sepia-toned print and nothing like the RC print with the same solutions!

I bought the stuff bcs. it said it was good on all papers. Any experiences here to inform my confusion?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've used it on Ilford's VC-WT fibre base.

I liked it, but I did notice the bleach was very quick acting...I've not used sepia before so I'm afraid I have no broader perspective. However, the instructions mentioned to leave it in the bleach for several minutes, whereas I noticed a pronounced effect after less than 1 minute; my personal taste, for a tone that wasn't too pronounced, was some 30 seconds.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin