Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,718   Online: 873

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the standard Patterson-type plastic reels, the ones which are adjustable for 35mm and 120, will also take 127 film on the "middle" expansion notch.
    If the Paterson tanks are those with white reels and a red top then yes, they do. The smallest setting is 35mm, the middle is 127 and the largest is 120. I purchased a tank with two adjustable reels over the weekend, along with the Yashica 44 and a local DPE shop sold me some 127 spools.

I managed to cut a roll of 120 down to 127 and run it through the camera. If you're thinking of cutting the film yourself with scissors or an exakto knife - DON'T. It is a major pain in the A (unless I just suck at it.)

I first tried cutting the film by scoring it still on the reel. It proved to be time consuming, and if the film isn't cut straight you'll have trouble respooling it and getting it onto the reel to develop. I also tried cutting it with scissors in the dark room, but that also was time consuming and inefficient (if the film is too wide it will bunch up when respooling and jam the tank reel, if it's too slim it will cut into the frame area.)

Goathill (?) makes cheap film slitters and I'm thinking of either buying one, or trying to make one myself. I've seen two basic designs: one is just a simple box with razor blades- pull the film through and it cuts it down for you.Tthe other is using a (working or non-working) 120/620 camera and setting up blades inside the film chamber. Set up the blade(s)s, insert the film, close the back and start advancing. The film is cut as you advance and the advantage is that it can be done in daylight.

I quickly shot a few pictures so they weren't anything exciting, but they proved that the camera works, and if a TLR that fits in your hand isn't cool, I dunno what is. Call me stupid for sacrificing two rolls of film and $200 over the weekend, but I'm going to keep on trying until I can get a system down.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few 127 cameras I have loaded with 35mm film. My Brownie Reflex Synchro and Ansco Cadet Reflex takes pictures that are just a little longer than the standard 35mm negative. I need to buy some 127 for them for the backing paper, but I don't have the money right now, so I only have one roll of backing paper in 127.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Silber View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the standard Patterson-type plastic reels, the ones which are adjustable for 35mm and 120, will also take 127 film on the "middle" expansion notch. If you use that type of developing tank system then you can save yourself some money on buying a new setup.
    Correct. The Patterson style reels will accommodate 127 film easily.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    In the US Dwain Coufal Photography offer cut down colour slide film on 127 spools. It's not cheap but if you provide your own spools that reduces the price a bit.

http://photosbydwain.com/shop/produc...products_id=49

The good news is that Maco in Germany have promised a new 127 slide film shortly, which presumably will be from a Fuji or Kodak emulsion. Meanwhile they have introduced a new black & white 80 ISO film in 127, which is coated by the surviving Belgian bit of Agfa-Gevaert. It is basically an aviation type film, which means it is very fine grain. I've recently bought some rolls direct from Maco, but have yet to use it.

The colour print film Maco are offering in 127 is now slightly outdated, but should be OK for some time yet, partricularly if you keep it in the freezer.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    35mm film in a 127 camera? How do I do that? Just this weekend, I realized that the Compur shutter on an old 3x4 Parvola I have is still working. It actually misfires every time and when re-cocked does what it's supposed to do, and even times out fairly well. Now I want to try it out. For backing paper, will 828 backing paper work? Might it be easy enough to cut down some 120 backing paper? How do I make sure not to overlap frames - just wing it and be conservative?
    Thanks,
    Dan

FYI, B&H does have Efke100, Porta 160 and Velvia in 127 - see this search
    Last edited by Fotoguy20d; 10-13-2009 at 04:42 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brac View Post
    --The good news is that Maco in Germany have promised a new 127 slide film shortly--
    Rollei Crossbird in 127
    http://macodirect.de/rollei-crossbir...ml?language=en

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried to roll some 35mm onto my used Efke 127 spools and backing paper but had trouble keeping it straight on the roll. It would also buckle when I advanced the roll doing interesting things to focus. If you can find it, you can also use 46mm "school film".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playbas...7622456269485/ has some examples of Efke 100 and Konica 160 shot in a Yaschica 44.
    Turning negative into positive since 1975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin