Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,098   Online: 943

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adox/Efke 820 and Xtol

Hi all,
    I'm about to give my first rolls of ADOX/EFKE 820 a go since the end of my stocks of Kodak HIE. I'm shotting 120 format using a 89b filter and exposing at around ISO 3 (incident reading) with +1 and +2 stops bracketing. I'm intending to process in Xtol stock, any suggestions for a starting development time? I'm thinking around the 12 minute mark as I've seen a few suggestions on the net that this is about right. Does anyone have experience of this film in Xtol?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The data sheet sez X-Tol 1:2 for 16 minutes at 20C. (You have read the data sheet, haven't you?) With that, you can make a decent guess as to what the time will be using the stock straight.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aha! The datasheet I saw made no mention of Xtol, just a rather strange set of developers I'd never heard of, and part of it was in Croatian too. 16 minutes is a good start, thanks for that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin