Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,878   Online: 947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    louie,

i had about 50sheets of tri x 5x7 sheets
    that had NO notches at all on them ...
    i just had to pray a little to make sure they were
    not wrong side up ....
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sort of related to this topic:

When loading, I now make sure that the code notches are located on the flap end of the film holder. That means, when loading, that the notches are on the bottom left (diagonally opposite top right) of the film. Every one of my film holders, and I have several brands and ages, has the bad habit of allowing the film to slide a bit toward the bottom, i.e., flap end, of the holder, thus leaving very little rebate on the top (light-trap end) of the holder. When I loaded the film with the notches toward the top of the holder, this often caused the notches to impinge on the image. After ruining a shot or two this way, I started loading the film with the notches on the other end. Now they only impinge on the wider rebate at the bottom of the holder.

Best,

Doremus Scudder
    www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Fellows,

Don't makes this more complicated than it is. If you are holding the film in a vertical position the notch will be on the top right, when the emulsion is facing you. If you are holding the film in a horizontal position the notches will be on the bottom right, with the emulsion facing you. If the film is square the notch could be on either the top right or bottom right with the emulsion facing you.

I have never used notched film that did not follow this orientation.

Sandy
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph people!---THANK YOU Sandy.

This was starting to remind me of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene where the two dullards guarding the effete bridegroom were trying to figure out when, and if, they could leave their post.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mike, I got it awhile ago, but people are just trying to help. NO one is forcing you to read this and here you are taking the time to write.
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph indeed!

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Just want to make sure before I open my first pack in a changing bag.
    I seem to remember one person writing that there was one sheet film that was not.
    Thank you.
    The only film I've ever loaded that wasn't notched in the usual corner was sold at a discount as mis-notched film. I've never heard of any company that didn't follow the conventional scheme.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    Mike, I got it awhile ago, but people are just trying to help. NO one is forcing you to read this and here you are taking the time to write.
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph indeed!
    C'mon Tom, don't get your dander up!

Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Under that circumstance the notches will be on the right hand side, in the lower corner, (on the short vertical side).

that same notch would be in the lower left hand corner, (still on the short side of course, but now horizontal).

It depends on how you're holding the film.
    When in landscape mode the notches will either be on the lower right or the upper left. When in portrait mode, they will be either in the upper right or lower left. As you say, it's all in how you hold the film.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin