Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,724   Online: 763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Let's get dangerous....

I now have in my sweaty little hands a used copy of The Darkroom Cookbook 2nd Edition. Now I'll be able to tinker with developers (when I have the money) for my film! I haven't read much yet, but I now know it's OK to mix developers together for different effects.

[thunder="ominous"] Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-hah! [/thunder]

Michael

p.s.: I'm ready for my medications, Nurse Ratchet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Let me offer a word of advice: advice I certainly would not have taken at one time. Read the book through thoroughly from cover to cover before you begin playing Dr. Jekyll in the darkroom.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Let me offer a word of advice: advice I certainly would not have taken at one time. Read the book through thoroughly from cover to cover before you begin playing Dr. Jekyll in the darkroom.
    Awww, that takes all the fun out of it!

For real, I was planning on doing that. I don't just want to buy chemicals without any idea of what I'm doing first. Good way to waste money and get yourself hurt that way.

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want to live dangerously play with developers that haven't made the DCB 2nd or 3rd Editions

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    If you want to live dangerously play with developers that haven't made the DCB 2nd or 3rd Editions

Ian
    Is Caffenol in the 3rd edition? I know it's not in the second. And I know for a fact my version isn't in it! :o :rolleyes:

Now I just need to get out and shoot off a roll to develop. I just don't have the energy most days with my Idiopathic Hypersomnia to even get out of the house for long. I spend way too much time sleeping it seems and they have no idea why....

Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by McFortner View Post
    Is Caffenol in the 3rd edition? I know it's not in the second. And I know for a fact my version isn't in it! :o :rolleyes:
    not sure if it made any of the editions ---
    but it is fun to make+use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think Caffenol is in the 3rd. While I have enjoyed TDC, I've found some recipes don't work well; the divided devs. It's felt that today's thin emulsions don't soak up enough a the "A" bath to be effective. If you'd like to use these devs, do test rolls before committng something important.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What if you increased the developer concentration in the "A" solution of a divided developer. Wouldn't that compensate for the thin emulsion?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For maximum development amusement I recommend tray developing with wd2d+; the negs literally glow when you transfer them into the stop bath.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by alanrockwood View Post
    What if you increased the developer concentration in the "A" solution of a divided developer. Wouldn't that compensate for the thin emulsion?
    Yes. At least it should. There was a fellow APUGer who increased the metol in the 'A' bath of a divided dev and then I tried it and it did work. What this gentleman's name was or how much metol he added to what dev now escapes me. Perhaps if I take a look around this Black Hole of a house, I'll find a note I scribble somewhere...

However, you can waste a lot of film, chems and times trying to find out exactly how much metol to add. D2D is a good one, tho'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin