Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,919   Posts: 1,584,812   Online: 1102

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bill, as far as I know UK wise the original Oriental Seagull disapeared a good few years ago. It came back briefly in name only but with something else inside the box that was nothing like the original paper. IIRC Mr Cad used to sell it in London. Someone gave me a box of it and it was rubbish. I wish the original stuff would come baclk- one of my favourite all time papers.

Neil.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It has to be remembered that both Fuji & Oriental have had B&W products made by Ilford in the past, in the case of Fuji some of it was public knowledge.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian,

I remember a few years ago (maybe 2004/05), Silverprint listed Oriental Seagull paper. I take it is this paper:
    http://macodirect.de/oriental-seagul...7_522_523.html is not the same product.

Tom.
    Last edited by Tom Kershaw; 06-23-2009 at 06:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Martin,

Have you know anything yet about a potential new 'Fomatone 133' paper?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Ian,

I remember I few years ago (maybe 2004/05), Silverprint listed Oriental Seagull paper. I take it is this paper:
    http://macodirect.de/oriental-seagul...7_522_523.html is not the same product.
    Tom.
    No,the factory manufacturing the original paper is long gone, and the paper sold as Oriental is a high quality product, but lacking the unique 'personality' of the original, especially when it comes to lithing.

Shooter
    Medium Format

FOMA why so expensive?

ILFORD UK is producing the ORIENTAL Japan papers individually. For no other private label product, this unique formula is used. Unique! The ORIENTAL papers is packed in Japan, and sold primarily in Japan, the USA and Germany, by strong trade partners in very significant quantities. The cheaper Dollar has now ensured that more recently, the prices for ORIENTAL paper in Germany could be significantly reduced, in delight of us consumers.

Cheers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin