Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,054   Online: 1030

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Know. I Know.

Shooter
    35mm

I Know. I Know.

I know that film that has expired and has been kept in refrigeration can last a long time.

I have the opportunity to buy some B&W Kodak film which expired in 2006 but has been stored in a warehouse the last three years. Will it still be good to use?

Thanks in advance.

Images
    Good Evening, Alapin,

Not enough information. What kind of film--fast, slow?? What kind of warehouse--air-conditioned or not? If not air-conditioned, what is the location--northern Alaska or southern Florida? What kind of price--a real steal or something close to standard retail?

Konical

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    if you can get the film for not much money, and you don't have
    high expectations, and want it as your " shoot like it's free film" then
    don't hesitate, but if you buy it, and expect it to be like new, and have no "bad storage signature"
    and use it for important "stuff" then hesitate and buy new.

i would buy it, use it, and not think about it,
    but then again, i think that film with some sort of "signature" is good.
    it shows that it is film, defects and all ...

good luck

john

Shooter
    35mm
    Good evening, Konical

Kodak B&W 400 24 exp., Maine is where it is now and $1.00 a roll. Not sure about air-condition.

Alapin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    that will give you moderate base fog and some speed loss. Personally, I'd skip it.

Images
    Good Evening, Alapin,

At the price, it's probably worth a try, although the short, 24 exposure rolls can be a nuisance.

Konical

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    hi alapin

like konical says
    it might be worth it ...
    (i have no problem with 24exp ) ..

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Jnanian

I have no problem with 24 exp. either. He wants to sell 50 rolls of it. He also has some Kodak 400 color that expired in Nov. last year but at a little more per roll. I brought 40 rolls in Feb. of this year than was just expiring for 25 cent each. So not sure about the color ones.

alapin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would try it. At $1.00 a roll, you can't go wrong. Heck, if you don't like it, ebay the rest! (or sell it to your very good friends here at APUG )

Shooter
    35mm
    Should be fine for non-critical uses. Buy it cheap and shoot lots of it! This is exactly how I bought film when I was first learning; I picked up several bricks of expired EPD - a now-discontinued? Kodak 200 speed E6 film - for a dollar a roll, and at that time my school processed slide film for free as part of the basic photo course. I suspect that I am largely responsible for them instituting a lab fee after that semester...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin