Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,499   Posts: 1,571,578   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TMAX400 and HC110

Last year, I posted in this forum the results of a test I made in order to know how I should photography with TX400 and HC110. At that time I found that, for my working system, TX400 (EI200) and HC110 (E – 1:47), 6 minutes developing time, were perfect.

Now, as I am trying to take photos with very little grain, I have made the same test for TMAX400 and HC110.

These are the results that I have found:
    Film: TMAX400, 35 mm.
    EI 250
    Pre-washed: Water, during 1 minute of constant agitation.
    Developer: HC110 (E- 1:47)
    Developed two rolls of film, continuous agitation during the first 30 seconds, and then 5 times each 30 seconds.
    Time of developing: 8 minutes.
    Temperature: 20ªC.
    Stop bath: Kodak Max Stop, 1:15, and 1 minute with constant agitation.
    Fixer bath: Tetenal, 1:9, 8 minutes. The first minute with continue agitation, and then 5 times each 30 seconds. I have taken 8 minutes instead of 5 minutes because I have read that this film needs more time.
    Results:
    After having taken pictures of a Kodak grey card, I have found the following relative densities:
    Zone 5: 0,63
    Zone 1: 0,10
    These densities have been measured with my RH Designs Analyzer Pro.
    My conclusions:
    For my working system I can say that TMAX400 (EI250) and HC110 (E -1:47), 8 minutes developing time, are correct.

I hope this information could be useful for anybody in this forum. I would ask you to share any other similar information that you could have.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You should add this to the massive dev chart as well. I use these products at times and it gives me something to think about. Thank you for sharing your findings.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Without a densitometer, I have settled on dilution H at 12 minutes. If you extrapolate; E (8min) to H you get 10.66 minutes, so I may be a little long, although I do agitate much less. Thanks for your expert analysis.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin