Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,073   Online: 860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    As a matter of fact, hygienically speaking, some of the people on the trains here are far more hazardous than any chemical I might care to lug with me.
    You'd feel right at home around here. And it's an hour and a half trip from my supplier to home to enjoy the enforced company of these folk.

I regularly carry chemistry on the train, the heaviest being the 5 litre fixer.

The worst mess that I managed to create was the result of dropping a large plastic barrel of Greek olives, which fractured immediately and spilled pickling fluid along the corridor as I exited--I've felt bad about it since, and it's made me extra careful even if the Ilford fixer is pretty shock-proof.

(No, I have no photographic technique employing olives)

Regards - Ross

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I know someone who bought a substantial jug of Ferric Chloride, which is used to etch copper printed circuit boards. Managed to drop it on the steps out of the Kendall Square subway station in Cambridge, MA. Apparently it did quite a job eating up the aluminum friction treads on the staircase. They've long since been replaced, but the cement steps do look somewhat swollen. (That could be salt damage.)

Rodinal is a pretty strong base. Might react nastily with steel or aluminum railway vehicle. Airlines are certainly very concerned about chemicals that could corrode aluminum, or make a hole in it! Powdered chemicals aren't likely to do that, but there are plenty of liquids that will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the best rule to live by in this case is hope they don't ask and don't tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin