Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,872   Online: 1111

Shooter
    Multi Format

120 ADOX CHS ART in 1+4 DD-X dev time?

I"m new at this but the FP4+ 4x5 negs I've done to date have turned out well using 1+4 DD-X one-shot in a Jobo tank on a Beseler rotating/reversing motor base. Now I want to branch out a little and develop a 120 size roll of ADOX CHS ART 100 in 1+4 DD-X, but in a smaller Jobo tank with manual (inversion) agitation. The Massive Dev Chart isn't much help here, since the "120" and "Sheet Film" dev time columns are blank for this film/developer combo, although it does show 7 minutes for 35mm. Would it be reasonable to also go with the same 7 minutes for a roll of 120? This will be my first manual agitation effort, and I plan to use the standard Ilford-recommended "four inversions and a tap during the first 10 sec of each minute" method of agitation.
    Thanks in advance for advice...
    Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm.... I just looked at this film on the Massive Dev Chart for ALL developers instead of just DD-X, and duh... they ALL show the exact same dev times for 35mm, 120, and sheet film, in every case I saw. So I looked at some more film/developer combos, and gee whiz, they ALL are exactly the same times in all three columns in every case. Film size seems to make no difference. I wonder why bother with the three columns in this chart?
    Jerry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin