Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,356   Online: 1189

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ilford FP4 plus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's my film of choice, souped in PMK Pyro.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellant film, I love it also!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good stuff, sure. It's got nothing on Plus-X though, which can be drop dead gorgeous.
    Frank Schifano

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good that some can apreciate Ilford film, i can no longer. Whether it is Delta 100 or FP4+ my Jobo Expert drums just does not like Ilford film. I continue to have issues on the back of the film facing the drum. It looks like sombody was walking on my film. I have used pretty much all other Large Format film on the marked and have not seen any issues at all. I am done with Ilford.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Good that some can apreciate Ilford film, i can no longer. Whether it is Delta 100 or FP4+ my Jobo Expert drums just does not like Ilford film. I continue to have issues on the back of the film facing the drum. It looks like sombody was walking on my film. I have used pretty much all other Large Format film on the marked and have not seen any issues at all. I am done with Ilford.
    Odd. I have done probably 200+ sheets of FP4+ and another 50 of Delta 100 in the Jobo 3006 Expert Drum and the Jobo 2521 with 2509n reels...never had anything but excellent results. I use D-76 (1:1), d-23 and occasionally, HC-110 dil. D (1+39).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I expect that the OP's reaction to FP4 is like my reaction to Kodak Plus-X - 125 ISO does seem to be a sweet spot for traditional emulsions in B & W film.

Matt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    I also had major problems with the non-emulsion side of Ilford films in the Jobo 3005 Expert Drum. In my case, going with a non-hardener fixer (Ilford Rapid Fixer) solved the problem.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I also had major problems with the non-emulsion side of Ilford films in the Jobo 3005 Expert Drum. In my case, going with a non-hardener fixer (Ilford Rapid Fixer) solved the problem.

Vaughn
    Did you have problems with the anti-halation layer clearing?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    I love this film, too, especially in HC-110.
    Yup, IMHO, this is the best B&W emulsion and soup there is.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vaughn, good to know that i am not the only one to have some problems with Ilford film. I have only used PF TF4 and Zonal Pro fixers. If it takes so specialized fixers as the Ilford rapid fixer they can have it. I am no longer going to take Mr. Galleys cheap access to promote what i consider a tier 3 product from Ilford/Harman.
    Kodak Rules and then there's other products that's far beyond what Ilford makes today.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin