Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,651   Online: 1098

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

New recipe side project

THis will be a long time in the making. But I hope within a few months to have a new website up and running, probably an offshoot of my existing homepage. It will be a black and white chemistry resource index. Developer (film and paper), bath, fixers, etc. I have a great resource I will be tapping but if any of you have any chemicals you use and want included send them to me. Components, how to make, mixing, use, times, very detailed stuff. If it already exists I might have it on my list so just send the manufacture and the name. I'll add it if I don't already have it. I want this one to be a 'please all of the people all of the time'. So I am taking requests. Feel free to PM me or email at flash19901@comcast.net.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Also to bear in mind, most of these are no longer produced and thus there a lot of recipes in here. More modern chems will be more in product sheet form. Most of my info dates from 1972 and back.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been tempted to do the same thing. I have a pretty thick book of darkroom recipes. Be sure to let us know the URL when it gets up. A special area where people can put contributions, subject to your editing before they join the main list, might be an idea. Given the number of things that no longer work terribly well and given the high likelihood of errors in published and copied formulas, you should probably include a disclaimer that the recipes are not guaranteed to work and that, although taken from the best information available, the formulas also can not be guaranteed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I have actully begun a chemistry database on the CiM website. I will be adding to it little by little and I encourage other to send me recipes for posting there. Give your full name so you can get the credit (by-line).
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Large Format
    How would this new site / database improve upon those that already exist? We already have jacks photo chemistry, digital truth's recipes section, Ryuji Suziki's SilverGrain.org...and, of course, the recipes section right here on APUG...just to name a few of the more popular. There are many others.

Why add yet another? Why not contribute to one of the existing...like the one here on APUG?

EDIT: I'm not necessarily saying don't do it, I'm only trying to suggest that you need to come up with honest answers for these questions.
    Last edited by BradS; 06-02-2009 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin