Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,431   Online: 813

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    There was an hour long exposure I did (5x7) by moonlight in Pinnicles National Monument (CA). I did not have a watch so I guesstimated the hour. Got finished with the exposure, was getting cold, and so I looked around for the darkslide. Having no flashlight, it took awhile to search. Finally found it in the last place I looked (I suppose by definition, one always finds something in the last place), which was in the film holder. If the darkslide was film, I guess it would have an ASA of 0. I did not bother to develop the "film", as I probably underexposed it.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot both sides of an empty 4x5 holder. I was using an old wooden 4x5 holder that i told myself to never use again.. well.. i did and it fell apart while removing it for the camera exposing both sheets. My third, but im sure it wont be the last was i had a hard time with the darkslide going in and when i went to develop the sheet i noticed again that i had shot an empty holder. On my next shot i was stumped on why i could not focus or see anything then i realized on that last shot with the slide issue i actually ejected the 4x5 sheet from the holder and it was stuck in the bellows. Yeah! 4x5 fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    Me, mesself, hase never dun this dumb thang: it was somedumbguy whatlooked persackly like me usin' mah darkroom duh sametime I be indare.
    yea mee 2 i can personakly gauantea dat I never done don dis with 4x5 weddin portraitz
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Images
    You're not an idiot. You're in school, and learning. AND you're in good company.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too bad. To cover my butt, I always give my chemicals a sniff before I pour them; juuuust in case I have some sort of mental lapse. Fixer is very easily discernible from developer, and pretty easily discernible from stop bath.

I have done what Vaugn has done, and I have also run a 120 roll through a camera backwards. I got the camera ready really quickly, and had not used it in a while! really nice long exposure city shots in the rain from the top of a local rock at night! What a waste of a climb and film, plus getting all wet!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This would be a shorter thread if you had asked for posts from people who haven't done something like this .

I haven't done this exactly, but I once finished shooting a wedding, walked back to my car, proceeded to unload the last roll of 220 from my camera and when I went to attach the tape to seal it, had the roll slip out of my fingers and merrily unroll itself across the parking slot.

Thankfully, they were all shots taken late in the reception, so in the range of wedding photography disasters, it was near the lower end.

Your slip will help you in the long run - it will be a long time before you will develop film without first checking the chemistry.

By the way, when developing film, I almost never get the stop bath and fixer ready until the film is already developing.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I happen to used Rapid Fix and premix from concentrate (don't use hardener) and put it in brown glass apothecary bottles that are indexed in oz/ml. I mix my developer to working solution right before use to the correct temperature in a graduate. It's "impossible" to confuse the two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry -I suspect it is a sort of initiation ritual, you're not a real analogue photographer until you've tried developing your film in fix or stop bath:-).

I, of course, am among the initiated ;-). Carefully metered & exposed roll of Pan F+, shot in gorgeous winter morning light in beautiful scenery. A film I was looking forward to print from, in other words. Took a VERY long walk outside after discovering I had poured the fixer over the unsuspecting roll of film first. Next, I took a look at my film developing processes....
    Søren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bin there, Did that, Bought the T-shirt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Having just learnt to count to five........I put 1, 2 and 3 in perminant marker pen on the dev,stop and fix bottles!

Cheers Dave

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin