Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,612   Online: 1079

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All C41 times are normal for the C41 respective solutions.

The bleach bath is about 5 minutes and the clear is about 1 - 2 minutes.

All washes are at least 2 minutes but as much as 5 minutes.

It depends on process method, drum, tank tray etc.....

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Top-Cat

There is a C41 group on Flickr, that may be able to help you.
    Here is a link to a discussion about developing C41 in B&W developer.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...%26w+chemistry

A second discussion on using diafine.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/blackan...7600017838303/
    Last edited by alapin; 05-19-2009 at 06:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    First of all, what is it that you want to achieve and why?

Have you considered trying a black and white film in a black and white developer or a C-41 black and white film in C-41 in order to get what you want? What is it that you want?
    Just for experimentation, and because I'm cheap.
    It seems like everything is so much more readily available in the US, here in Norway I can't get anything, not even C-41 chemistry, and the lab won't even let me cross process slides in C-41 because it exhausts the chemicals. Only a few stores sell B&W film, which costs three times as much as color film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is a myth used to get out of cross processing. E6 films in C41 don't exhaust the solutions any more than an equivalent amount of C41 film.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Top-Cat View Post
    Just for experimentation, and because I'm cheap.
    It seems like everything is so much more readily available in the US, here in Norway I can't get anything, not even C-41 chemistry, and the lab won't even let me cross process slides in C-41 because it exhausts the chemicals. Only a few stores sell B&W film, which costs three times as much as color film.
    Your lab is ignorant of the truth of this matter, or just lying. You should ask your lab's manager to take a look at Kodak data sheet CIS-184: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...184/cis184.pdf. It talks about doing C-41 film in E-6 chemicals, but it may soften them up. E-6 film in a C-41 process is even "safer", based on my own developing results, though I can't seem to find any online Kodak documentation to prove it. I don't replenish when I do C-41, so I have a 60 roll capacity. I have done two dozen rolls in a gallon of chemistry cross processed, and the rest normal. There weren't any problems at all with the normal C-41. I have processed C-41 and E-6 films in the same tank and nothing bad happened.

If it is that much of a problem, you can consider getting your stuff via mail from Freestyle, or whatever the European version of Freestyle is. (Fotoimpex???)

Good luck!
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-20-2009 at 10:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Your lab is ignorant of the truth of this matter, or just lying. You should ask your lab's manager to take a look at Kodak data sheet CIS-184: http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...184/cis184.pdf. It talks about doing C-41 film in E-6 chemicals, but it may soften them up. E-6 film in a C-41 process is even "safer", based on my own developing results, though I can't seem to find any online Kodak documentation to prove it. I don't replenish when I do C-41, so I have a 60 roll capacity. I have done two dozen rolls in a gallon of chemistry cross processed, and the rest normal. There weren't any problems at all with the normal C-41. I have processed C-41 and E-6 films in the same tank and nothing bad happened.

If it is that much of a problem, you can consider getting your stuff via mail from Freestyle, or whatever the European version of Freestyle is. (Fotoimpex???)

Good luck!
    Thanks.

I had a suspicion that the guy was just being an a**hole, since the people I bought the slide film from actually mentioned having it cross-processed there as an alternative (which was why I bought the film in the first place, since it seemed like a fun experiment).
    As much as I like living here, there's just some people over here who seem to have such backwards attitudes to these sort of things, there's not much room for the type of work ethic and experimentation you seem to have over there (like C-41 chemistry, alien bees and all sorts of do it yourself tools you seem to have over there).

I think I might just stick to regular black and white film for a while, I just learned a bit on how to get higher contrast in processing and am very impressed by how little grain regular ISO 400 film has.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin