Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Welcome. Actually you shouldn't dilute the stock 1L solution down UNTIL you are ready to use it. It doesn't keep once diluted. Sorry, I should have mentioned that earlier.

ID-11 or D-76 might be a better choice the next time around. D-76, at least in the US, is dirt cheap, costing maybe $6 - $7 US retail to make 3.8L of stock solution. ID-11 is functionally identical to D-76 and both are capable of producing extremely high quality negatives. What makes D-76 so attractive is the wealth of documentation, both official and anecdotal, for this developer and just about any B&W film you can think of. It is a de-facto standard developer against which all others are compared.
    thanks for all your help everyone....I think D-76 is the kind of developer im looking for as an all-rounder....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    nice shots by the way...thanks for your comments everyone!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use ID11 in my CombiPlan for HP5 film.

I make up ID11 from 5L packets and then use 500ml for ID11 with 550ml of water.

I started with the processing times from the Ilford Data Sheet and adjusted my film exposure and develoing times from there so suit my personal choice.

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    I use ID11 in my CombiPlan for HP5 film.

I make up ID11 from 5L packets and then use 500ml for ID11 with 550ml of water.

I started with the processing times from the Ilford Data Sheet and adjusted my film exposure and develoing times from there so suit my personal choice.

Martin
    so this is a powder developer you can use i parts and dont have to use it all at once?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sperera View Post
    so this is a powder developer you can use i parts and dont have to use it all at once?

ID-11, and D-76 are powder developers, as well as Xtol is a powder developer. You need to mix up the whole lot of powder to get uniformity in your stock solution. The issue could be are the individual powder components in the bag evenly distributed throughout the powder? Impossible to tell, therefore you avoid this connundrum by mixing up the whole bag.

Probably the most popular liquid all-purpose film developer is Kodak HC-110 which comes as a syrup and you can mix up very small amounts of working solution from the syrup. The directions for this are not on the bottle, but are on Kodaks web site on the technical data sheet for this developer. It gives similar results to D-76 for most people. HC-110 syrup is almost eternal in shelf life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin