Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,611   Online: 859

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rollei ATP

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Rollei ATP

I know there are many threads on this film and it's development. I have read through all of them. I have a few questions for the wise practitioners of this ultra film. First, I have to say I'm in Taiwan and can get the film no problem shipping that, the problem is in the developers. I saw that it can be developed in Rodinal at 1:300 but this is not an option here it seems. There is plenty HC 110 which I have read works but how well and is it high contrast or can it be tamed with like 1:100 dilution. Is there something that Rodinal has in it that would make it better suited than HC 110 for this film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About the developer: I tried the ATP-DC (1+11,5) on iso 32 which worked very nice but this developer is especially designed by SPUR for Rollei-Maco and this film.
    Also OK is RLC, Rollei's low contrast document developer (iso 20-25).
    Rodinal 1+150 is an emergency solution but it worked on iso 12-15 with ATP1.1 so far.

A German customer tested Diafine 3+3 with pretty good results on iso 32. Diafine is a high semi-compensating developer and it gives a pretty low contrast curve. So I am sure you can give it a try. Further Diafine is a very cheap developer and the stock A+B you can keep 1 1/2 - 2 years before it's gone.
    Diafine is speed enhancing with all films so box speed for this ATP1.1 film.

So without going to be to special I think Diafine is the way to go.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Robert, thank you for your quick response. Developers are really a problem here in Taiwan.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Developers are really a problem here in Taiwan.
    If a low contrast document developer or even Rodinal is a problem to get then you could think about making yourself a low contrast POTA developer:

Water 900ml
    Calgon 2g
    Sodiumsulfite sicc. 30g
    Phenidone 1,5g (in 40 degrees C)
    Diglycol 15ml
    fill up to 1000ml water

This formula works in the way Rollei Low Contrast developer is working and should also work with ATP1.1.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Has anyone tried Ethol TEC on this film, If I remember correctly it worked really well on TP, and it doesn't seem to be on the hazard list at freestyle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was going to say try POTA. That's what I will try next time.

The lab tried xtol 1+1 and OMG!! Don't do it! Well, the results could be called art but they certainly could not be called continuous tone photography!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Keith, sorry to hear about the disaster. To be honest I would try POTA if I even knew where to locate chemistry like that here in Taiwan. I don't know! Frustrated!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    The stores here in Taipei and only a couple actually carry film and chemistry and that is only HC 110 and one Ilford developer. Long ways away from pyrocat or rodinal or well you name it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    POTA can be ordered from the formulary and b&h, I think. The formulary could probably send you components individually to easy shippings regulations. But POTA is one shot, and has a very short lifetime at that.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Thanks Keith, when I come back to the states for christmas I'll bring an extra suitcase. I never realized how hard it is to get things even over the web.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin