Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,234   Online: 725

Images

J&C Orhtor Print Film, asa? developer?

Hello:

I just dug a ten sheet pack of J&C Ortho Print Film out of the freezer and would like to use it. But it does not say what asa it is on the package. Can anyone help? Also any development suggestions would be appreciated. I use a Jobo, but would like developer suggestions and both Jobo times (if anyone has them) or non Jobo times as I can adjust these.
    Have searched the archives in vain for any information.

Thanks,

Donald

Images
    Sorry about the sloppy typing in the title, but, who knows I may get more looks as members will want to see what this
    fool is talking about.

Donald

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly it was around asa 12. I never put it in the JOBO: I would tray develop it in PMK pyro 1:1:200 under a red safelight. If memory serves me it also may have a backing that requires a rinse in a water bath first to remove the backing before development. I know the (discontinued) Arista APHS ortho film was that way. Since you can develop under a red safelight I think it is easiest to try tray processing in different developers.

I have found that the developer is dependent on the contrast of the original scene. In the extreme, if you have a high contrast scene and use Dektol you will have sections of clear film for shadows and opaque areas for highlights. Contrast-taming is in order. I have had success with extremely dilute Rodinal (1:100), technidol ( the developer for Tech Pan, now discontinued), and PMK. Also look for the Jim Galli formula for developer - it's Rodinal with restrainers added.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin