Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,855   Online: 1004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Freestyle Mailers

Hello- I don't shoot an great deal of black and white, but I am starting to enjoy it more and more. I don't have a darkroom. I really wish I did. Since darkroom is not an option, I send everything to a lab. I was wondering if anyone else is using the black and white processing mailers you can buy from Freestyle? They are actually quite nice. They are even printed on black and white paper.
    Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I was browsing there last night for neg sleeving and noticed the mailers for the first time. I wasn't aware they were doing that.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes they are great for $15 for 36exp and $13 for 24exp!

Shooter
    Holga
    You just need a "dark room" not too expensive for the can, the reel and chemicals. And gets you away from the day for 1/2 our or so :-)

That being said I LOVE Freestyle. I buy from them every time I need anything photo related.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ektagraphic, Who do you send your color stuff to? Just curious.

I sent three rolls of Kodak Ultramax 400 (shot at EI 250) to Mpix. I just got them back today. The negatives look good, and they put scans in an online album. The only problem is they dont cut the film in to strips and put the strips in sleeves like they do at Wal-Mart or CVS.

For three rolls of film, it cost me $13.95, I believe, and that's including shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well WGibson, I am currently using Dale Labs for C-41 and E-6 and they are a bit pricey but the do a great job (dalelabs.com). They have treated me very well. They also offer black and white but it is printed on color paper and I want to have my black and white actually put on black and white paper. I am starting to explore much more and I have sent off some slide for Ilfochromes. I plan to have some negatives hand printed soon. I shoot about 2 rolls of negative now. I use to shoot all negative so I have some shots I would like proper enlargements of now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dale does not offer optical printing they only offer negs and slides scanned and printed optically.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was asking because I've only used Mpix, but I'm open to using a different lab if the price is comparable. I'll check them out next time I shoot some color, which will be this weekend. I'm going to a Renaissance festival in Tenessee, so I'll have plenty to take pictures of

I think Mpix does a good job at a good price. I've done color printing in a darkroom at school, and I quickly learned that I dont have the patience for it. I scan it, tweak it a bit on my computer, and email it to Mpix for printing.

I do my own black and white developing and printing, and I quite enjoy it. I can spend hours in the darkroom without even knowing it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I could say the same. If I had a darkroom, I don't think I would ever leave my house!

Shooter
    35mm
    I dont have an enlarger at my house. I use the enlarger at the college I go to when I want to print. I do have a tank and some reels, though. I do my developing in my bathroom, hang the film in the bathroom closet, and then print at school whenever I get a chance

If I did have a complete darkroom, I dont think I would leave the house, either

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin