Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,438   Online: 1016

Thread: Fast Paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fast Paper?

Did they ever make a paper with an orthochromatic film emulsion on it?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're looking for fast paper, Ilford Express is perty fast. It's fast enough to shoot in camera to make paper negatives at exposures times less than a second. I think I have used it a 1/25th @ f/8 (but don't quote me on that, please).

Development/fix times are half that of normal RC paper.

Hmmmm, maybe that was 1/4 second at f/8 . . . sorry, I just had a brain fart.
    Last edited by DannL; 05-22-2009 at 02:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes. Kodak Super-Speed Direct Positive Paper was an orthochromatic paper designed for reversal processing. It hasn't been available for many years. It was sometimes used in the camera, and it had a film speed of around 20. I have heard of other examples as well, but I don't know any details.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin