Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,575   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Medium Format

Ilford FP4+ oddity?

I normally shoot Fomapan but in a pinch to test out a new camera I spent the premium and bought some FP4+ 125 locally ($6 and change :o ). Anyways I processed it in Rodinal in my bathroom just like I have will all my film and noticed that the film backing looked a little different then any other film I have processed. First off there were weird symmetrical scratches the ran diagonally across the images. This seemed odd to me because while I squeegee I figured if there were any scratches from that they would run parallel with the negatives. The other thing I noticed was that the negatives them self almost look as if they have a "pitted" Matte finish. Is this normal? I wont be able to print or scan the negatives for some time (2 weeks or so trying to decide on a scanner but that is another topic for later).

Thoughts?
    ~m

Shooter
    35mm
    Probably it's an anti-curling gelatine layer what you're referring to...
    It's the same layer used by efke...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ahh! Ok I didnt know that.

Any thoughts on the scratches?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have seen an odd pattern on the base side of Ilford films, 120 at least, unlike the shiny surface as on Kodak film. It's not always consistent, but doesn't seem to bother enlarging or scanning. Haven't done any contact printing.

Any thoughts on the scratches?
    From your new camera perhaps?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin