Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,173   Online: 969

Shooter
    35mm RF

Dilution and Capacity of D-85 as lith print developer

Sorry, I do not access to Tim Rudman's book. My local library does not have it and I wont be ordering anything from Amazon anytime soon. Another limitation is I do not have access to pre-mixed lith developer such as Fotospeed or Moerch. So I have to mix up my d-85. I mixed the solution A and solution (seperately of course) last week, but when I tried to use it today's session, nothing happened in an hour with stock 1:3 dilution. I even tried to throw in a piece of fogged paper in UNdiluted stock, nothing happened for an hour. It just turned into a salmon pink? The paper I am using is Kentmere FB Fineprint. I mixed up a new batch of both, the fogged paper only just started to turn black in the stock solution.

What is the starting point to dilut the 4A+1B D-85 solution as a lith print developer? And how long would solution A last? And also, what is the capacity of the stock solution or working solution for that matter? Thank you very much

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D-85 is a very active developer. The B is usually dilute soduim hydroxide - wear gloves for sure. I usually use it for getting black and white - no greys - lith film negs. It develops them in a few - maybe 3 minutes with 1A + 1B development. It usally oxidises off in under 15 minutes to half an hour regardless of how much film or paper it has developed.

The paper will not develop in undiluted A or B on thier own. The B is the alkali - in this case caustic alkali that energises the development action of the A solution, which holds the developer and restainer, and some preservative.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thank you for quick reply, but the D-85 is mixed according to this. The stock solution I tried to develop my fogged paper in is 4 part A mixed with 1 part B.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin