Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,272   Online: 807

Images
    Besides Economy and longer developing times, what effects does straight D76 vs 1:1 have on film?
    hi!

Grain Baby, Grain...... that and contrast... and control... try using it 1:3 if you shoot your film at reduced IE in extreme conditions...

Ray
    Do not question what you have not done, question what you will not try.

D76 1:1 has been "the" standard for 35mm tri-x. at 1:1 it is supposed to deliver greater acutance, ie, sharpness. I've always used it at 1:1 so i can't tell you if it is indeed mushier at full strength.

D76 1:0 has too much sulphite. This means capacity to dissolve (also) exposed silver grains, loosing sharpness. Same risk on D23 1:0.
    sergio caetano

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by happysnapper
    Grain Baby, Grain...... that and contrast... and control... try using it 1:3 if you shoot your film at reduced IE in extreme conditions...

Ray
    Not too worried about grain with 8x10 contacts. I'll have to run some tests this weekend and see about the contrast.

Thanks,
    Brian
    hi!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin