Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,460   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ed, I just got a new bottle of Rodinal today. The data sheet that came with it says APX 400 1+25 for 7 min. 1+50 for 11 min. Has the same recommendations on the back of the box too. Sounds like a mis-print on the pdf page.
    Dean
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dean,
    Those are the times recommended by Agfa for the previous emulsion.

New Agfapan400 started with the following batch numbers:
    35mm em.no. 450
    120 roll em.no. 260

The times and gamma/time figures for Rodinal with this film are radically different, according to recent Agfa publications.

Images
    I just tried a roll of APX400 120 which I shot with my Mockva-2 ( 6x9 frame size) in Rodinal 1+50 for 15 minutes. The negatives were easy to print. Contrast was a bit softer than HP5+ or PlusX in D76 so I may leave it in the developer a bit longer next time although I rather like the look of the prints that I got. The grain started to get noticeble when I cropped to the equivalent of a 24x16" size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin