Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,128   Online: 1194

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Can I use my Graflex 4x5 pack film holder with Fuji Pack Film?

I have several Graphic 4x5 and smaller pack film backs and was wondering if I can use with Fuji instant pack film?

Thanks tons.
    Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If they took Polaroid pack films, they shall take the Fuji equivalent.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Tom,

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the old film packs that aren't made anymore. (http://kodak.3106.net/index.php?p=512)

See if you can find an old film pack to put together a little shelf display. While you probably have some of these, the Graphmatics are still really handy and available.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi guys and thank you so much.

Neal, that's not the one. The problem is that I've not yet ever touched 4x5 and having recently aquired my crown graphic I now will. My couison sent me a Jobo ATL-2300 and also gave me a large gift as well, lot's of backs. I am speaking of the Graphic Film pack adapter, model 1234, I've check the graphic.org site and still can't figure it out and I think why is because I'm never used Pack film nor instant film.

I have a large qty of adapters and film backs in the 4x5 and 2 1/4 3 1/4 sizes.

So, can you tell me please what this adapter is specifically for and can I use it today with any fuji films?

Thank you SO MUCH.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At one time you could by "film packs" in 4x5 and smaller sizes which were essentially sheet film on a roll film base and attached to a paper backing. There were paper tabs sticking out that you would pull to shift the film from the front to the back of the pack after each exposure.

In that respect they are conceptually similar to the Polaroid/Fuji packs, but they are not interchangeable. Among other things, the film pack adaptors lack the rollers that mush the developing chemical pods that are part of the instant film packs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you again for helping me work thru this.

So, it makes sence that I can't use instant film. But since Fuji makes "Pack" film, can I not use the adapter for that? I'm not saying I want to but I'd like to know what I have please????

I also have been given the much sought after Hewes SS rolls as well that I'll put up here for sale.
    Thanks so much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji makes pack instant film, not the kind of pack film that folks are talking about here. This kind of film has not been made in decades, from what I understand.

Edit: If the pack holders are for instant film they will work with the corresponding size Fuji films. If so, they will have rollers to pull the individual photos out through. Here is a pdf of a manual for a Bronica Polaroid back: http://www.buonaluce.com/Polabacks.pdf. If you scroll down to photos 4 and 4 you will see the rollers in action and film being pulled out of the back. If your backs do not have these rollers, they will not work with any Fuji film that I have ever heard of.
    Last edited by Paul Sorensen; 06-02-2009 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, now I understand completely. Fuji Makes Pack Instant film whereas I would have to purchase the Fuji (Pa-45???) adapter. and as far as this goes I'm out of luck.
    I was hoping that maybe I could have used the rapid sheets etc...

Gents, thank you so much for your time. I'm greatful.
    Tom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You're not out of luck, you've just got to look around. My school just bought 3 from adorama, and let me tell you, they're worth every cent. Just as nice as could be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tom, as far as I understand "Graphic Film Pack Adapter Cat.no. 1234" -- as you seem to be talking about-- is worthless, at lest in the sense that no film for these adapters are available anymore (another thing for collectors of Graflex stuff!). I have several of them, got them with some other stuff. Would be interesting to know if I'm wrong, but in view of what has already been said in this thread the probability seems to be approaching 0!
    With your 4x5" Graphics you can have a lot of fun with other backs!
    You are welcome to join the APUG social group "Graphics et al"!
    //Bertil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin