Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,072   Online: 1051

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. mohaupt View Post
    So what your are telling me is keep on reading "The Negative" and all of my questions will be answered :-) I am about half way finished.
    Well, I don't know about all, but certainly many. And it should give you a solid knowledge base on which to base future decisions. That is, you'll have a better idea what's going to result from exposure and developing decisions. You'll be able to bend the film to your will (insert hideously evil laugh here)!

FWIW, many find Adams' book(s) a tough read. If it bores you to tears try another book like Picker's. I'm just sayin' it's not supposed to be a punishment.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Reading Fred Pickers book is shorter and much more to the point.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Reading Fred Pickers book is shorter and much more to the point.

Mike
    Could be called "Zone system for dummies" :-)

Seriously though, Picker, in later years started making some crazy statements/assertions that discredited him in many peoples eyes, a few examples, cold light, fixer heavier than water, never photograph backlit subjects. He was a salesman first, an AA wannabe second.

Mark
    It is said that we remember the important things, if true, why photograph? I forget, so I photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just bought his book on Amazon for 1 cents, maybe that is why it is so inexpensive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin