Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,736   Online: 778

Thread: Champion 180129

Shooter
    Medium Format

Champion 180129

There is a photo wherehouse down the street from my office (how is that for handy) and the B&W film and paper developer they have is Champion 180129, does anyone know what type of development times I should use with this (for Ilford Delta 3200 and probably HP5/Delta 400)? I have been unable to find a datasheet

Thanks.

--Zach

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Champion make what was the May & Baker range of B&W chemistry , that 180129 sounds like a Product order code. The best known of their developers was Promicrol, this had to be reformulated when the main developing agent ceased to be available.

This one B&W Universal Film & Paper Developer is actually Suprol, the Ilford equivalent is PQ Universal.

It can be used as a film developer when diluted to 1+19 or 1+29, I tested it back in the 70's, I used to buy Suprol in 25litre drums. It gives fine grain, very clean negatives, and was also used in automated processing lines. It's market mainly as a print developer.

I don't have a datasheet, I've misplaced my original and can't get another, but I think FP4 needed around 8 or 9 minutes @ 1+29. Look it up on Digitaltruth's Massive Developer chart.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It says 6 minutes at 1+29 for 3200, so I will give those times a shot. I just need to get a few more ducks in a row, and actually go shoot some film. (Not to mention buy it)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin