Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,663   Online: 1137

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What a Hotch Potch

Getting film out for a week away I realised I'd better use up the odds & ends, rather than my fresh supply of Ilford Delta 100/400.

Buying filmfrom large suppliers/via the internet allows choice but most small stores don't carry enough stock so you have to take what you can.

So the bag for the week contains FP4 & Pan F, HP5, Acros, Fomapan 200 & a brick of Fomapan 100 (all 120) . This goes against my preferred one main film, one developer combination, but only images from a trip to Olympia (ancient Greek city) are likely to be part of an ongoing project.

It does highlight the importance of buying in bulk

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a film box that has a similar mix of orphaned films, a couple of rolls of Fortepan 100 about 5 or so of Fortepan 400, some HP5, FP4 2 rolls of Pan F and some Fomapan 100. I like different films for different subjects I tend to buy 5-10 Rolls for a project odd unused rolls end up orphaned.
    I could use just APX 100 (Plus-x or Foma when it runs out), Neopan or HP5 and Delta 3200 rationalise it in that way- but where's the fun in that

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Getting film out for a week away I realised I'd better use up the odds & ends, rather than my fresh supply of Ilford Delta 100/400.

Buying filmfrom large suppliers/via the internet allows choice but most small stores don't carry enough stock so you have to take what you can.

So the bag for the week contains FP4 & Pan F, HP5, Acros, Fomapan 200 & a brick of Fomapan 100 (all 120) . This goes against my preferred one main film, one developer combination, but only images from a trip to Olympia (ancient Greek city) are likely to be part of an ongoing project.

It does highlight the importance of buying in bulk

Ian
    However you may do some of your nicest shooting, because you will look at the subject at hand and think, okay of the 10 different kinds of film you have, which one is best here.

Personally I usually standardize on about 4 films, FP4, PanF, HP5, and some Fujicolor stuff for the rare times I wanted colour. I think I will probably have the Fuji a long time though because I use my d*****l camera for colour these days:rolleyes: I do think that the Delta and TMax films are worth a try, but I still have about 15m of FP4 to work through first Then I will buy 2 rolls of Δ100, 2 rolls of Δ400, 2 rolls of Tmax 100 and 2 rolls of Tmax 400, and see which one I like best before going beyond that point.
    Last edited by wogster; 06-09-2009 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Not making sure brain was engaged before putting fingers in gear....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I've finally cleared out all my misc film so I definitely feel for you. Fortunately, I can get my preferred films (Tri-x in 35mmm and Acros for everything else) locally and now I am down to only those two....it only took about 10 years (:

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin