Switch to English Language Passer en langue franįaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 690

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Green tone from lith printing. How and what mtrl to use?

Hi!

During our bathroom re-freshing process, we decided to keep the emerald-turquoise color from the early 90īs. Not really as aweful as it may sound and if using well considered design elements we attempt using the color as an opportunity instead and turn it into an advantage. How?
    Well, with LITH prints of course!!! (...and else solutions)

But, I donīt know how. Flipping around in Tim Rudmanīs wonderful and excellent "The world of lith printing" I see the color I aim for. Exactly! The picture of a (skiff) boat on a beach on one of the first (20?) pages do have the green tone I urge for. I donīt want subliminal color nor green split in dark areas. I want distinct green color all over the grey scale, from dark to highlights. But how to achieve and what material to use?

Many thanks for your advise!
    Last edited by laparn; 06-09-2009 at 09:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laparn View Post
    I want distinct green color.
    Well, "distinct" in respect of achievable from lith printing of course.

the green tone I urge for.
    For you who not (yet) own "The world of lith printing" it might help with a color reference to what I am looking for. A combination of the colors in attached pictures is right on spot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turquoise-ref-med.jpg   emerald-green-med.jpg  
    Last edited by laparn; 06-09-2009 at 06:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The picture of a (skiff) boat on a beach on one of the first (20?) pages do have the green tone I urge for.
    Without having the book in my hands when writing I referred incorrectly. I meant the picture "Sunset" on page 50 in "The world of lith print printing".

Do anybody have any recommendation? What procedure, material and settings to use to achieve the green color similiar to this picture?

Thanks!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    My copy is down in the darkroom right now and I am too consumed with my morning coffee to go look up the picture of which you are speaking. But is there not a description of what materials and process were used? If not, I suggest you contact Tim (he posts here sometimes) with your question. I am sure he will answer.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin