Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,710   Online: 784

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear locutus,

Either Delta 3200 or TMZ would be perfect for your application. It would be better if you could choose the developer but that is not possible. Use of a shorter lens that requires printing with a higher magnification will make the grain pop out more too.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What happened to the Kodak 3200 film, has it been discontinued? That had big, harsh grain compared to Delta 3200.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    but I am generally lucky if the light will allow '125 at f/1.2 at EI 8000.
    Which f/1.2 lens do you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nocrop View Post
    Which f/1.2 lens do you use?
    Hi,

I use the Canon FD 55mm 1.2 S.S.C. and the Canon EF 50mm 1.2 L. The 55mm is the plain S.S.C., not the Aspheric. It is a great lens. Perfectly sharp even wide open. The biggest problem, which is only an issue in some cases, is the horrid barrel distortion. It is the worst I have ever seen from any normal lens. Thus, when I want to shoot straight lines near the edges of the frame, I use one of my 50mm 1.4s instead. I am looking into picking up a Pentax K 55mm 1.2 as well.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Very impressive. I really like my Nikkor 1.2, but your lenses sound like they're on a 'nother plane. Meanwhile the sky in Austin is green and I'm wondering if the tornadoes that have just been sighted nearby are coming along with the storm that's about to hit. Which lens works best in tornadic conditions?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've gotten nice grain with Kodak Tmax 3200 exposed at iso 3200 processed in D-76. Just checked B&H and they show it in stock. You could also use a neutral density filter if needed for bright sun.
    -Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nocrop View Post
    Very impressive. I really like my Nikkor 1.2, but your lenses sound like they're on a 'nother plane. Meanwhile the sky in Austin is green and I'm wondering if the tornadoes that have just been sighted nearby are coming along with the storm that's about to hit. Which lens works best in tornadic conditions?
    I'd suggest a periscope for those conditions.

Your Nikkor 1.2 should be on a level with any of my lenses.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once I develop ilford delta 3200 (rated as 3200) in rodinal 1+10 (5 min) trying to get very big grain. Here is result:

http://darkosaric.deviantart.com/art...ik-2-110098080

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you guys for all the very helpfull posts, man do i have some reading to do on developing.

I oogled a bit around on flickr, and what i want to archieve is something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozekki/2845480055/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't let the "norm" fool you. Several years ago I saw an add in a photo mag for shooting D3200 snow in bright sunlight. Yes, it's true. It blew me away. I liked the results and the grain so much I started using it for every type of light - and with beautiful results. It did take a lot of rolls before I felt like I "got it", but now I use it almost exclusively. Several apuggers have posted their prints of D3200 and they are very inspiring, indeed.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin