Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,703   Online: 826

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I agree with you about this and this has been one of my major complaints about the way some people have promoted pyro developers. But the compensation you can get with VC papers in the highlights can be pretty magical. I have been in some pretty heated exchanges with so-called experts who simply totally failed to understand the fundamental difference in using pyro negatives with graded (blue sensitive) and VC (blue and green sensitive) papers.

Definitely have not seen any kind of veiling in prints that could be attributed to pyro. But I have seen plenty of bad prints that were bad for a variety of reasons.

Sandy King
    I always make at least 2 sheet of a photograph, regardless of format, which allows me to take different approaches to the negatives and also provides a nice backup. Film is still cheaper than all the other aspects of making photographs so I try to be a little more discerning in my choice of subjects and make the extra sheets. I can try my conventional developer, pyro or a different development routine to fine tune the photograph...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think that is the approach I'm going to follow. So far I've only made one negative with the 4x5. Making that second one may be a good idea as I learn this format. Sure wish work didn't take up so much time.

Mike

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin