Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,712   Online: 1014

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta Pro 3200

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what chemicals you have on hand, but I have had much success with Delta 3200 (135) stand developed in Pyrocat HD. You get very sharp negatives with a nice amount of grain. I've only enlarged up to 5x7 with it, so beyond that I don't know how the grain looks. I've tried delta 3200 in in T-max Dev, but it didn't give me the contrast that I was looking for. Good luck in whatever you choose!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Normally I develop my FP4 in DD-X or D76 and my Technical Pan in Technidol. It doesn't really matter what I have on hand at the moment, I will be ordering the 'grainy' film in the UK to be sent straight to the Isle of Skye and I can order any developer I wish to use with that film.

Choices, choices :-)
    Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've shot Delta 3200 at 3200 in 35mm and processed it according to Ilford's data (DDX 1:4 for however long it says (sorry, can't remember offhand!)) sheet. I found it gave good image quality with very acceptable grain, but I had to work hard to get enough contrast into the prints. I may try different processing times / temps next time around.

I use DDX for all Ilford films (virtually all the B&W I shoot) and rate it very highly (much better than Ilfosol S)... ...except that Ilford only ship it in a 1 litre bottle (enough for 16 rolls!), meaning I have to batch up my films and then process them in one go (which takes up most of a weekend!).

Ilford, if you're reading this *please* start putting it in 250ml bottles! I'll settle for 500ml! ANYTHING rather than consigning me to another weekend at the sink! Please?!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Frank,
    I have found that DD-X actually keeps quite well, as long as you make sure of sealing the bottle tightly, for instance with a thin piece of plastic screwed in between the lid. You are right about DD-X's quality, it is a lovely developer. Unfortunately I cannot buy it in Holland and I have to order it in the UK. This is fine when I am in Scotland, in my friend's darkroom, but if I am at home it costs me an arm and a leg to have chemicals shipped to Holland.

Thanks anyway for your comments. I think I will give the Delta 3200 a try.

Anne Marieke

p.s. does anybody happen to know whether Fuji Neopan 1600 comes in rollfilm?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have posted the example of delta 3200 that i mentioned earlier in thsi thread in the non-gallery images gallery.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Leon! For my comments, see the print gallery.
    Anne Marieke

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've used it at 3200 and 6400. I now dev it in DD-X, the grain is fairly large and there is not a particulary big spread of tones. I've only pushed films like T-max and tri-x one stop so I can't compare. I have been happy enougth with Delta 3200 prints and it's certainly better than nothing or crude flash lighting.
    A word of caution though, the times on the Ilford site for Delta 3200 and DD-X seem way out, almost a stop out. I dev for 11minutes 30 seconds at 3200asa, that's almost Ilford time for 6400.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gareth, do you happen to have an example print of Delta 3200 developed in DD-X?

Thanks for your warnings about the development time.

Anne Marieke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello,

I've used Delta 3200 but usually for my 6x6 I push txp320 to 3200 in D76
    For myself I prefer pushing the tri-x. I've used HP5 for up to 1600 and really like the smooth tones I get from it.

I'm a bit short on time or I'd dig up some photos for you. I'll see what I can find later.

Cheers,
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ok... while sipping some coffee I found a scan that was already sized and ready to go.

It's in the non-gallery with the details.
    While you don't see much grain in the scan you do see it in a 8x10 (slight cropping) although it isn't obtrusive.

Cheers,
    Ian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin